In the middle of the last century, a study was conducted in Europe of how daily consumption of hard cheese affects the level of blood cholesterol. The results were more than surprising. It turned out that the people of France had lower cholesterol compared to other Europeans, not only because they had hard cheese in their daily diet, but more so because they drank a glass of red wine every day. This finding allowed to talk about the benefits of red wine, while the beneficial effect of the drink was also noticed on other systems of the body, including women's health.
But is it still possible to recommend women to deal with PMS and menstrual pain with alcohol? I propose to talk about who can drink a glass of wine during menstruation, and who should completely limit alcohol consumption for this time.
The whole truth: how alcohol affects your period
The fact that alcohol (especially beer and spirits) negatively affects the female body is irrefutable. Some exceptions are permissible for dry red wine. And the safe dose for an average female weight is 70 ml per day. But often women during the period of PMS and during menstruation consume alcoholic beverages in much larger dosages. The reason for this - the desire to reduce pain in the abdomen and normalize mood. Unfortunately, it is not always safe.
To the question whether it is possible to drink alcohol during menstruation, there is still no definitive answer. Some doctors absolutely forbid it during this period of the female cycle. Others cannot forbid something that supposedly helps patients reduce pain. There are experts who, on the contrary, recommend taking 100–200 grams of alcohol to women whose periods are too painful.
The main effects of alcohol on a woman’s body during menstruation can be described as follows:
- Expands vessels of smooth muscles. This especially applies to brandy and vodka. Moreover, if brandy first expands the lumen of blood vessels, and then spasms it, then the use of vodka leads to a persistent expansion of the vessel, and the resultant and blood supply to the body. In the case of a bleeding uterus, this can lead to even more discharge and even true bleeding. Moreover, at first it may seem that the monthly have stopped, and then they will begin with even greater force (they will become abundant monthly).
- Toxic effect of ethanol on the liver. One of the stages of the transformation of estrogen (the main female hormone) occurs in the liver. Permanent damage to its tissue will lead to the woman losing a significant part of her body's estrogen. Namely, this hormone is responsible for beauty, youth and visual appeal.
- Intake of hormones from the outside. In the production of certain types of beer, a small amount of free estrogen is produced. If you excessively consume this drink, you can face the negative effects of a high concentration of estrogen in the body: abdominal obesity, pathology of the kidneys and pancreas.
- The effect of addiction to alcohol. Its constant use to facilitate the flow of menstruation leads to the fact that the woman becomes unable psychologically to continue to endure critical days without doping in the form of alcoholic beverages.
On the one hand, with such a number of terrible side effects of alcohol, the answer to the question “is it possible to drink alcohol during monthly periods” becomes clear. But, how to be to those representatives of the fair sex, for whom alcoholic beverages during PMS and on critical days are a real salvation?
Hello, Angelina, 20 years old. Why not drink alcohol during menstruation? A glass of brandy helps me a lot before a meal on the first two days of menstruation.
Good afternoon, Angelina. I would not recommend you to use strong alcohol to relieve pain, especially in such volumes. There are other ways to eliminate pain. Please contact your gynecologist for a specialist to select an effective method of pain relief for you.
Is it possible to drink strong alcohol during your period?
You can definitely answer that during menstruation you can not drink strong alcohol. Such alcohol is generally contraindicated for the female body. Its detrimental effect with long-term use affects every organ.
Some women with a very severe PMS (premenstrual syndrome) resort to the use of strong alcohol to reduce the symptoms of the disease, normalize mood and remove excessive anxiety before menstruation. Often, such a desire leads to the opposite effect of increasing the symptoms of PMS. The use of strong alcohol is a trigger for sudden mood swings, headaches and, conversely, aggravates the condition of a woman.
In addition, during the period before menstruation, a woman may already be pregnant. There is no delay yet and she may not be aware of her interesting situation. And the use of alcohol - this is one of the main causes of abortion in the early stages, as well as the birth of children with anomalies incompatible with life.
Good afternoon, Tatyana, 26 years old. A week ago, I went too far with taking strong alcohol. Now there is a delay of menstruation for 3 days. Tell me, can you not go for periods because of alcohol? Thank.
Hello, Tatiana, the cause of failure of the menstrual cycle and delays can be, as an unplanned pregnancy, and excessive alcohol consumption. I recommend that you do an ultrasound of the pelvic organs and, in the case of a weekly delay, conduct an express pregnancy test.
During menstruation: pro and con
Despite the fact that beer, to a lesser extent than strong alcohol, has a negative effect on the nervous system, it is also not recommended for menstruation. There are cases when women take warm beer to reduce pain. Perhaps this drink and helps to cope with pain. But due to the fact that hops (the main ingredient in the production) is rich in phytoestrogens, regular regular use of this drink leads to the following consequences:
- dry and flaky skin, brittle nails and loss of hair shine,
- type C gastritis, peptic ulcer,
- thyroid pathology,
- violation of mineral metabolism (including the main feature - osteoporosis),
- diseases of the liver and biliary tract (hepatitis, cholestasis),
- reproductive impairment and infertility.
It is worth remembering that women, who often drink beer, almost always face an irregular menstrual cycle, lack of ovulation and painful critical days.
Hello Victoria, 19 years old. Can I drink beer during menstruation? If a few glasses a day to remove the pain in the abdomen.
Hello Victoria Beer with menstruation can reduce pain. But doctors do not recommend drinking this drink on critical days.
Doctors recommend drinking red wine during menstruation.
Menstruation is a natural process that does not have to restrict a woman these days. And of course, you should not cancel an important event, where you need a few drinks, you should not. In this case, of all the alcohol is better to give preference to dry red wine.
In general, when dealing with painful menstruation, you can choose one of several options:
- to endure the pain while doing meditation
- take a pharmacological agent (pain reliever),
- drink 1 dose of dry red wine.
The harm that can be caused by painkillers is not always the same as or less than the harm from an alcoholic beverage. If you take into account the beneficial properties of dry red wine, then use 1 dose of this drink (50-100 ml) once a day during menstruation is no worse than a strong medical anesthesia.
Hello, is it possible to drink red wine during menstruation? Maria, 34 years old.
Hello Maria. Allowed to take one dose of dry red wine a day during menstruation.
A little about the physiology of the female body
The combination of the physiological characteristics of men and women is necessary not only for differences between the sexes. It is designed to implement an important natural function - breeding .
How does this happen in women:
- an organism produces eggs necessary for the possibility of pregnancy
- the reproductive system moves the eggs to their place fertilization with sperm as a rule, this is done directly in the fallopian tubes,
- if fertilization has taken place, the next step will be the introduction of the cell into the uterine wall - this is beginning of pregnancy .
If fertilization did not occur or the cell could not attach to the walls of the uterus, the system menstruates them. Menstruation process - This is a kind of monthly cleaning of unnecessary natural material from the uterus. This cyclicity occurs constantly from month to month, from which the popular name for menstruation - monthly.
Such monthly bleeding for every healthy woman, they become an everyday norm from early teenage years and up to about 50-55 years old, when the childbearing period ends and menopause begins.
The duration of the menstrual cycle It is considered from the first day of the existing bleeding to the first following bleeding. Although its average duration is 28 days, it is absolutely normal if your cycle time is slightly longer or slightly less. In some women, it is unstable and its duration often changes.
The luckiest women are almost do not feel any discomfort throughout the entire menstrual cycle. But there are those who every month at a certain time suffer from changes of mood, dizziness, severe cramping pains in the lower abdomen and back. Recipe how to survive this unpleasant period each has his own: some prefer to lie down in bed, others experience the effects of various painkillers, others still seek help from alcohol. The latter method of rehabilitation causes a mass of indignation among gynecologists.
Observation specialist ! There are proven studies that there is a delay in menstruation due to alcohol under certain conditions. These conditions include excessive use (for each is their own indicators).
Next, let's talk about what can addiction to alcohol during menstruation.
Looking for an effective remedy for alcoholism?
The effects of alcoholism during menstruation
Of course, each adequate girl decides on her own what to drink, when and in what quantities. But often the situation is out of women's control. How sad it is not to admit, but the problem of alcoholism among the beautiful article has recently become increasingly relevant.
Based on the physiological specifics, ethanol has a different effect on men and women. Weak sex is not genetically located to use large doses of hard liquor. This is due to the following features:
- muscle mass the average woman is smaller than the man’s, so even a small dose of alcohol can cause severe intoxication,
- in ladies less liquid , respectively, the amount of ethanol in the blood at the same dose will be higher,
- fatty layer , in which alcohol and its derivatives accumulate, more, and therefore it will be removed from the body longer.
Too strong friendship of a woman with strong drinks is manifested in her appearance: the skin on her face becomes dry and saggy, her hair is dull, her nails all the time exfoliate and break, and her voice is unnaturally rough. But the external changes that occur in the female body under the influence of alcohol during menstruation, it is, as they say, half the trouble. Alcohol has a devastating effect on the fragile hormones of a woman (by the way, read our an article about the treatment of female alcoholism). The possible consequences are:
- menstrual cycle like a pendulum , swinging to increase, to decrease,
- climax comes before , and its negative manifestations are greatly enhanced,
- natural ability reproductive system produce a healthy egg is reduced significantly
- increases risk of oncology breast and other organs
- frigidity and infertility .
How quickly and to what degree these pathologies manifest themselves depends directly on the immunity of the woman, her lifestyle and the ecological environment in which she lives.
There is no danger to the body, the habit of drinking is characteristic of many people, but in the indicated amounts and with the specified parameters of the patient - does not cause any harm to the body. Many people on holidays and after work hours relieve stress with alcohol, but are not dependent on it.
The patient sees in alcohol a certain way out of difficult situations and resorts to degree drinks more often. This stage is dangerous because in any difficult situation in life, this stage can smoothly pass into the next one, which is much more dangerous for health.
At this stage, a dependent person can no longer do without alcohol, but he firmly believes that he can quit at any moment, but not today. Already here complications can begin with the liver and other organ problems and well-being.
From this stage they are able to withdraw special treatment and a small rehabilitation course, plus the support of relatives. This stage can provoke very serious problems with the liver and other organs, which will lead to illnesses until the end of life.
This stage is not hopeless, but it requires an extremely serious approach to treatment and a long rehabilitation period, with regular medical procedures, many drugs and, often, costly treatment.
Duration of treatment of addiction:
Want to speed up the treatment?
The problem of prostatitis is very acute in our time among the male population all over the world, which is confirmed by statistical data from research centers. It is no wonder that various laboratories pr.
Alcohol adjustments for health
No wonder the violation of the menstrual cycle is at the head of the negative factors of alcoholic beverages. In the period of menstruation, and especially under the influence of alcohol, the female body is weak and vulnerable .
Here is what can happen if you drink alcohol during your period:
- unchanged dilation of blood vessels , which provokes ethanol, accelerates blood circulation, discharge becomes more, there is a threat of bleeding (we have an article about the effect of alcohol on blood vessels),
- dullness of sense , the pain may subside, but its cause will not disappear anywhere, the moment when it is necessary to seek qualified medical assistance will be missed,
- emotional condition a very fragile, hormonal fluctuation caused by alcohol can cause hysteria or nervous breakdown,
- duration of the menstrual cycle will increase .
Can you afford to drink some amount of alcohol during menstruation - the question is very controversial. Even doctors cannot come to a common opinion. Some of them argue that in moderate quantities, with a conscious attitude, alcoholic beverages will not harm, but on the contrary, they may become useful.
Others shout loudly that these two things cannot be combined, especially if the girl suffers from copious secretions, because alcohol can in this case provoke serious blood loss .
By the way, do you know that if your Mama, sister or friend often uses strong alcoholic drinks in order to get rid of pain, it can be the first bell onset of alcohol dependence . Do not wait until the problem takes a serious turn, act. Alkostop - a unique tool that helps to effectively cope with the disease for both fragile women and strong men.
Alcoholic beverages should be excluded if:
- critical days are followed each time severe pain and poor overall well-being,
- period of blood loss long , and the selection itself is abundant or unnatural in color,
- cycle frequency often fluctuates then big, then down
- there is a suspicion of urinary tract infections .
With the above points, the chief assistant of the woman should not be alcohol, but a qualified gynecologist.
How much beer can you drink?
Alternatives to alcohol during menstruation
Before we give an answer to the question of what to do in case of painful menstruation, let's dwell on their reasons. Nature laid down that in this process, strong pain and other discomfort should not be .
But if, nevertheless, in the lower abdomen it hurts and it hurts badly, it means that it means that there are pathologies that interfere with the reproductive system to function properly. The most common ones are:
- abnormal development or location of the genitals,
- benign uterine neoplasms - polyps and fibroids,
- adhesions - not only those in the genital area, but also those that appeared during various operations in the peritoneum,
- endometriosis - especially for women who have crossed the 30-year milestone,
- low pain threshold
- mental disorder.
These are only the most basic reasons, but in fact there are many more. To establish and eliminate pathology, need to see a doctor and, in any case, do not self-medicate through alcohol.
With painful periods, all the girls' thoughts are focused on getting into bed as quickly as possible and not moving for several hours. But real life is inexorable, and, instead of rest, the prevailing number of women are forced to take care of their children, go to work and have time to do everything they had planned since yesterday. This forces them to save themselves by not the most useful means - strong painkillers or alcohol . Of course, sometimes they can help, but they are not a panacea and each time you should not rely on them. Alternatives reduce pain :
- Proper nutrition . A few days before the start of the monthly refrain from drinking coffee, strong black tea, fatty, spicy and fried foods. Give preference to products of plant origin, they are better absorbed. Buckwheat porridge and liver are foods that should be on your plate, because they contain a lot of iron, a large amount of which the body loses during menstruation.
- Be active but in moderation. Take a horizontal position for the entire period of menstruation is not recommended. A little exercise sometimes helps a lot better than a blanket. It accelerates stagnant processes and allows you to escape from thoughts of pain. This does not mean that we recommend to pull weights or run marathons - in any case. Hiking, leisurely cycling, light physical fitness will improve health and lift your spirits.
- Drink more fluid . Pure water is the best option, but in the period of menstruation you can add to your diet fragrant broths and infusions prepared from oregano, chamomile, mint, valerian root and other herbs. The healing properties of plants and pain symptoms will be removed and mood swings will correct. If you are not fond of collecting herbs, you can buy them at any pharmacy.
The older generation to relieve pain may recommend attaching warm to the belly . As you can see, there is nothing difficult in avoiding alcohol during menstruation - no, there would be a desire.
This method can help, provided that the water in the heater is warm and, in any case, not hot.
Note. Wine alcoholism is the most dangerous form of the disease among women. Its most striking feature is that regular use and mental abnormalities appear exclusively on third stage drunkenness. It is possible to effectively treat addiction not only in the hospital, but also at home, with the help of special anti-addiction remedies, about which there are many reviews on the net.
The above recommendations are suitable only for women who do not have serious pathologies of the urogenital system in history, and bleeding during menstruation is within the normal range.
According to statistics, about 0.5 million people in Russia die each year from alcohol abuse. Alcoholism has caused a decline in the health index for the population. At first glance, every harmless habit.
To drink or not to drink is the choice of mind
Abstain from alcohol - The most correct decision that a woman can make on the eve of menstruation. But sometimes the reaction of others to the phrase: "I do not drink" can be quite unpleasant. Begin ridicule, gossip and speculation are born. This is especially true for large family holidays, where all relatives or large corporate events are held. Monthly - the thing is very personal and telling everyone about them is not accepted.
Therefore, in order to avoid oblique views, ladies take alcohol in their hands. If you follow simple rules, it does not hurt:
- Alcohol pure drinks , such as vodka, gin, tequila and other strong alcohol - a strict and uncompromising taboo. This also applies to a variety of cocktails based on them.
- The least dangerous drink is wine . Give preference to a red dessert or semi-sweet product, which was produced exclusively from natural raw materials.
- Moderation and once again moderation. During the event, no more than one glass can be drunk without consequences.
- Smoking minimized , and it is best to completely eliminate.
- Do not lean on junk food : mayonnaise salads, smoked meats, canned and butter desserts. Food disorders may be added to the existing malaise.
If the refusal of alcohol during menstruation does not give you physical and moral discomfort - boldly refuse. If not, so that he does not loosen the already unstable state during this period, it is necessary to drink it consciously, taking into account all the above recommendations.
How does alcohol affect the body?
The intoxication that occurs when taking alcoholic beverages, is a consequence of the action of ethyl alcohol on the brain. Here are the centers that control the emotions, behavior, and reflex activity of the body. The pituitary gland produces hormones that, in combination with the hormones of the ovaries and adrenal glands, determine the functioning of the reproductive system. Alcohol has the following effect on the body:
- If you drink it a little and rarely, then it can dilate blood vessels,
- Constant intake of large doses of alcohol causes the heart to work with a large overload. This affects the state of the vessels. Their structure is subject to change. There are dangerous narrowing (cause of pressure increase) or expansion (the possibility of a stroke or changes in the veins in the legs),
- Hormonal changes occurring under the influence of ethyl alcohol on the endocrine glands can affect the duration of the cycle, its regularity, the amount of menstruation.
Is alcohol tolerated during your period?
Menstruation is a natural physiological process that is inherent in every healthy woman of reproductive age. Ideally, the monthly should come at intervals of 28-35 days and continue for 3-5 days.
Since this process is fully provided by nature, it can not be attributed to the disease states that require some special restrictions. However, every girl should know what she can do during this period and what should be discarded. Today we will talk about whether it is possible to drink strong alcohol during menstruation.
How are menstruation transported by different women?
Usually the girl feels only unexpressed discomfort in the active phase of critical days. However, there is a category of beautiful ladies who truly tolerate this natural state as a serious illness or disorder. They have nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, and pain sometimes reach such strength that a woman can not get out of bed without using a pain relief tablet.
This factor is purely individual, and can be transmitted purely genetically. And it may be associated with diseases of the genitourinary and reproductive system in women, especially if her menstrual cycle is shot down and there are delays.
Of course, the use of alcohol during menstruation in conditions of such pathological transfer can not be considered. The woman herself is unlikely to want to relax in this way when she feels sick or vomiting. But for the most part, everything happens stably and normally, therefore, women are wondering whether alcoholic beverages influence monthly and whether they can be taken during this period.
Not every solemn event can be transferred “until better times” only for such a banal reason. And not every one of us wants to deny herself the pleasure of having fun with her friends only because her critical days have begun.
Can I take alcohol during menstruation?
Some girls resort to drinking purely to alleviate their condition. For example, in the period before the onset of menstruation, premenstrual syndrome becomes acute in many. For those who know what they are talking about, this phenomenon does not need additional representation.
It is during this period that the woman becomes the most lethargic and apathetic, capricious and aggressive, gloomy and depressed. And all this at the same time! Mood swings, which in ordinary life almost do not make themselves felt, are becoming more and more relevant. To relieve the entire complex of symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, a woman turns to hot drinks.
Alcohol intake may become relevant during the period themselves. After all, with them to the listed emotional states are added more and strong pain, localized in the lower abdomen, sacrum and lower back. The desire of a woman to drink alcohol during menstruation with such symptoms is quite reasonable.
However, to what extent is this method of alleviating the condition correct? How exactly does alcohol affect your period?
Drinking alcohol during menstruation is possible, but in very limited, metered quantities. In no case should not abuse alcohol. It is also not recommended to take strong drinks - whiskey, vodka, brandy and tinctures. By the way, some herbal tinctures on alcohol have the property of intensifying bleeding, as a result of which a woman may face completely unexpected problems and disorders.
The opinion of doctors on this subject, as usual, is ambiguous. Some doctors advise their patients to "skip a glass at dinner." in order to neutralize a pathological condition, others tend to believe that this is only detrimental. The second category of doctors insist on the idea that it is better to drink a strong painkiller than to aggravate an already weakened female body with alcoholic beverages.
Why not drink alcohol in high doses during menstruation?
Alcohol is a huge harm to the female body as a whole. It affects all organs and systems, especially reproductive. Therefore, the fair sex is better at all to reconsider their attitude to this kind of relaxation, so as not to provoke infertility and other problems in gynecology.
Well, during menstruation, you should not take alcohol for some specific reasons.
- It is able to increase bleeding, which is especially dangerous for women whose bleeding is already very abundant. Moreover, at first it may seem to you that the bleeding, on the contrary, has stopped. However, this is only an illusion, and soon after the “pause” the selection will resume with a vengeance. The danger of this phenomenon lies in the fact that it can provoke iron deficiency anemia against the background of severe blood loss,
- It can increase the pain. In an effort to stop pain, women often do not take into account the fact that alcohol can affect smooth muscles of internal organs (in particular, the uterus), in a negative way, and this will only increase the pain. The discomfort becomes more pronounced, and as a result, a woman who wants to bring relief to herself suffers even more,
- It prevents fluid from escaping from the tissues. It is known that most beautiful ladies during the critical days seem to "swell." This is due to the fact that moisture is retained in the tissues as a kind of resource. The body thought it out perfectly to compensate for blood loss. Alcohol prevents the natural elimination of fluids from the body, against the background of which the edematous phenomena are becoming more intense. This adversely affects the course of menstruation and the state of health of the girl herself. And besides, this factor leads to weight gain (given that on critical days the appetite sharpens, this is especially important for female slimmers),
- It destabilizes hormones. During menstruation, female sex hormones, as they say, "naughty." To be more precise, their natural balance is disturbed, which greatly affects the mental state. Female emotionality and vulnerability is exacerbated, and these phenomena also become unstable. Naturally, alcohol cannot balance hormones. And even the opposite - aggravates the shakiness of hormones. Therefore, a woman during menstruation, who has taken alcohol, can commit rash acts that can sometimes cost her not only her reputation, but also her health,
- It breaks the menstrual cycle. If you start taking alcohol during premenstrual syndrome and after the onset of menstruation, you are almost guaranteed to encounter menstrual dysfunctions in the future. At first, this may almost not be expressed in any way - the cycle will be a little confused, but it can still be traced. And later it can happen its complete restructuring, which will provide an additional “headache” for those who are sexually active and are engaged in natural family planning. In general, menstrual dysfunction is not the norm for women's health, so its appearance should be avoided in all possible ways.
We should also make a reservation about drinking alcohol before the delay of menstruation. If you are planning a child, and do not yet know whether you are pregnant, alcohol should be completely excluded! This also applies to those women who are not “afraid” of an unplanned pregnancy and are determined to give birth in any case.
Features of alcohol during menstruation
Alcohol should not be consumed in the following cases:
- Abundant and prolonged bleeding during menstruation,
- Frequent delay of menses,
- Too short period between periods,
- Inflammation of the bladder,
- Painful menstruation. This symptom may be due to serious illness. It is necessary to establish the cause of the pain, it is impossible to muffle it with alcohol. There may be serious consequences.
Why sometimes you can drink alcohol during menstruation?
If a woman is healthy, then light alcoholic beverages can be helpful in minimal amounts. Red wine helps to relax the nervous system, contributes to blood formation. To understand why a small glass of red wine is useful to drink during menstruation, you need to remember that menstruation is associated with blood loss. With significant blood loss, anemia may occur. With the help of dry red wine you can avoid this.
What happens in a woman's body while taking alcohol during menstruation?
If a woman is healthy, then menstruation occurs regularly, on average, after 28 days. Individual deviations are possible, but normally the cycle should not be less than 20 days or more than 35 days. A delay of up to 40 days may occur as a result of nervous stress, a temporary increase in physical activity, or a trip to another city. The normal duration of menstruation is 2-5 days. What happens in the female body if you take alcohol during your period?
If a woman finds herself in such a situation, when you have to drink light alcohol, beer in small quantities, then as a result of the expansion of the vessels, it will be possible to observe an increase in secretions. If the menstruation has already ended, it can be resumed for another 1-2 days.
During menstruation, women may experience headaches, breast swelling and the appearance of painful sensations in it. Most often monthly accompanied by pulling pains of varying intensity in the lower abdomen and in the lumbar region. The appearance of such symptoms can be explained by the contraction of the muscles of the uterus, as well as changes in the nerve tissues that occur under the influence of hormones. Drinking alcohol in a small dose can, if a woman is confident that such pains are not signs of disease. Red dry wine helps relieve stress, distract from unpleasant sensations, improve sleep.
However, pain is often the result of serious inflammatory diseases of the uterus, ovaries, appendages, and can also occur due to the presence of a cyst or tumor. If you drink alcohol to reduce pain in such cases, you can not notice the aggravation of the disease. Alcohol only suppresses pain. This can cause serious complications.
It is especially dangerous to drink alcohol if a woman takes painkillers for pain during menstruation. The body's reaction to their combination is unpredictable (allergy, a sharp decrease or increase in pressure, increased bleeding is possible, even a delay).
In addition to unpleasant physical sensations, before menstruation, women may have a depressive state: I want to cry, there is irritability, resentment. Do you drink alcohol in this condition? Does beer help relieve nervous tension? Most likely, the mood will become even worse, since with the help of a light alcohol you can only cause a very short-term euphoria, and then the production of the “pleasure hormone” in the brain stops.
Does alcohol affect menstruation
Often the reason for the use of alcoholic liquids in women during menstruation is the possibility of eliminating, thus, the pain symptom. We must remember that alcohol can have certain effects on the female body:
- Drinks containing a certain degree, have the property to dilate vessels. Blood flow velocity increases throughout the body, including the pelvic organs. Due to this, blood loss during menstruation can increase significantly. This is especially dangerous for those who suffer from heavy menstruation.
- Ethanol provokes fluid retention in the intercellular space by acting on the renal tubules. Месячные оказывают подобное влияние на организм, поэтому неудивительно, что сочетание их с алкоголем вызывает отечность лица и тела.
- Из-за формирования застоя жидкости в клетках длительность месячных может увеличиваться.
- Regular consumption of alcoholic beverages entails hormonal disruptions, which lead to violations of the flow of monthly bleeding. The cycle loses regularity, and the volume of discharge increases. With prolonged alcoholism, menstrual function stops altogether, which leads to the formation of infertility.
Can I drink during menstruation
To the question “To drink or not to drink during menstruation,” each girl answers herself. Drink alcohol no one can not, but it is unlikely to achieve long-term pleasure without consequences. It is better to think a few times before taking alcohol, to evaluate all the risks for the sake of imaginary benefits.
Is it possible to drink beer during menstruation?
Beer, in general, should not be used by a woman both during menstruation and during the intermenstrual period. Beer during menstruation causes a double blow to the kidneys, is the main cause of fluid retention in the body. The next day, swelling is formed. Milk beverages also contribute to the activation of fermentation processes in the intestines.
Can I drink wine during menstruation
Of all the alcohol wine, especially red, is the safest drink during menstruation. But it should be a quality product, not a cheap substitute in paper packaging. Red wine has a positive effect on the level of hemoglobin in the blood, which is important when it is lost monthly with blood. Drinking wine can cause menstruation a little earlier. Sometimes it is recommended to drink wine in small volumes (1 glass of dry red), but only for women with scant or moderate periods.
Can you drink during menstruation strong alcohol
Strong alcohol during menstruation is prohibited for women. At the beginning of use, it causes dilation of blood vessels, which can help eliminate pain in the abdomen, relieve nervous tension. Then the opposite effect is observed: alcohol is eliminated, all symptoms return, and the pain syndrome may worsen. The elimination of these unpleasant sensations can be very difficult. Vessels constrict, and if this process occurs abruptly, the capillaries do not stand up and burst. On the skin are formed "stars".
Can alcohol cause menstruation
There are several versions of the answer to this question that do not have an evidence base. They are formed after the reviews of women who consumed alcohol during menstruation. Under the influence of alcohol, some of the fair sex menstruation came prematurely, a few days ahead of him. In the other half, the opposite effect is observed: after a drink of spirits, menstruation is delayed. From this we can conclude: alcohol has a different effect on the female body. Most likely, it depends on the proportions of the body, the state of the reproductive system and health in general.
Why not drink during menstruation
Alcohol is used to relieve pain during menstruation, but, starting to drink it, they forget about its ability to cause the opposite effect: provoking painful menstruation. The period of action of alcohol may be accompanied by mood swings, caused by hormonal changes during menstruation. The body is experiencing alcohol intoxication, which against the background of menstruation is much more difficult to eliminate. Even under the alcohol often want to engage in active games, move, dance, it is better to limit during the critical days. This is an extra burden on a weakened body. Due to the expansion of the blood vessels of the head with a combination of alcohol and menstruation a woman is worried about headaches, which are quite difficult to remove with the help of painkillers.
Opinion of doctors
Gynecologists in this matter were divided in opinions, although the destructive effect of alcohol on the female body has long been proven. However:
- Some doctors believe that you can drink, but in small quantities and alcoholic beverages. These include dry red wine, which is the best option in this situation.
- The other half firmly believe in the negative impact of alcohol on critical days, their flow. This is especially true for women whose blood loss during menstruation is quite significant. Alcohol in this case can cause serious damage to health.
Is it possible to drink alcohol during menstruation or not? Alcohol consumption for the female body in itself is a difficult workload, and during menstruation it makes all systems work at double volume. It is worth remembering that spirits have a negative impact on the reproductive health of women and future offspring.
Changes in the body during menstruation
In every woman's body, there are changes that are called the menstrual cycle. One of the phases of this cycle is menstruation, in which, due to a pregnancy that does not come, an unfertilized egg and endometrial layer leave the uterus with blood. Menstruation begins in girls in adolescence, and ends when a woman turns 50-55 years old. During this age period, pregnancy may occur, as the body is in reproductive age.
There are basic indicators of normal menstrual cycle. This duration is 20–35 days (counted from the first day of the month until their next start), regularity, volume, duration and consistency of discharge, as well as the absence of various unpleasant symptoms. To answer the question of whether a woman can drink alcohol during menstruation, it is necessary to understand how this will affect the basic indicators of the cycle.
Many factors affect the normal flow of the menstrual cycle. First of all, it is the lifestyle of a woman, her habits, diseases, the presence of stress and similar factors. Ecology also has a significant impact.
It should be noted that most women in the modern world have any deviations from the normal course of the menstrual cycle. For example, it may be a delay of discharge for several days or earlier their occurrence. And one of the popular means of facilitating the flow of menstruation is the use of alcohol before they start or at the time when they go. But is such treatment normal and will it not lead to even worse consequences?
Alcohol and monthly
Why do women start drinking alcohol during their periods? This is due to painful sensations and other unpleasant symptoms that may appear during the premenstrual syndrome and directly during menstruation.
Most often it is a pulling, aching sensation in the abdomen and lower back, swelling of the breasts, mood swings. And the desire of many women to make their lives easier in various ways is understandable. But does alcohol help to cope with the symptoms, or will it only worsen the situation and should not be consumed during menstruation?
Doctors have 2 main points of view on this situation.
- Alcohol can be consumed during menstruation, but some rules must be followed. It should be a wine of good quality and in limited quantities, while the woman should not have such diseases, the flow of which will worsen the intake of alcohol. One glass per day of dry red wine during menstruation or before they begin helps significantly reduce all unpleasant manifestations and helps the woman to relax.
- Any alcohol during menstruation is prohibited. Since their use can increase the blood flow in a woman’s body, which can cause an increase in the profusion of menstruation. Moreover, after drinking alcohol, the reproductive system slips in such a way that the amount of excretion decreases. However, after a short time, menstruation becomes more abundant.
Each organism is unique, so it’s up to you to decide whether you can drink alcohol during your period or not.
For example, if you have a disease such as anemia, then menstruation causes a rather noticeable blood loss for the circulatory system, and the use of red wine can compensate for this loss.
Most categorically, doctors refer to such an alcoholic beverage as beer. The fact is that it is usually drunk not with one glass at dinner, but several liters. This leads to the fact that the negative effect of alcohol on the body only increases.
Harm from alcohol
At any time during the cycle, alcohol abuse brings many problems to the woman’s body. Systems such as the nervous and reproductive systems, as well as many important organs, are primarily affected. But drinking alcohol directly during menstruation can harm the body much more than on other days.
- Alcoholic beverages do not always reduce pain. Sometimes they affect the nervous system in the opposite way and only increase the pain in the abdomen and lower back. And you cannot take painkillers with alcohol.
- Before the onset of menstruation, a woman's hormonal background changes significantly, which affects the violation of the stability of the emotional sphere. Drinking alcohol can only increase the disruptions in the emotional state, which is extremely negative for the nervous system of the body and can cause the appearance of certain diseases.
- Hormonal jumps affect not only the emotional state of a woman. The level of the main sex hormones progesterone and estrogen during menstruation is constantly changing. Alcohol, acting on the brain, can knock down the work of regulation centers and cause an imbalance of sex hormones, which disrupts the functioning of the reproductive system. This is manifested by excessive swelling of the breast and involuntary contraction of the walls of the uterus. To the greatest changes in the balance leads beer, due to its composition.
- The use of alcoholic beverages during menstruation can cause such a manifestation as a delay in the withdrawal of excess fluid from the body. Such a delay affects the work of many organs and systems, which only worsens the general well-being of women. During menstruation, the excretory system works much more intensively than at other times. Alcoholic beverages during this period directly affect the appearance of edema and the accumulation of harmful substances in the body. Many women may argue, because beer is a diuretic drink, and therefore its use should lead to the conclusion of excess fluid. Where does her delay come from? In the case of beer, there will be no delay, but on the contrary, beer can cause dehydration and disturbances in the water-salt balance.
- Alcohol directly affects the reproductive system, and therefore the normality of the menstrual cycle. The use of such drinks during menstruation or before they start may well lead to the fact that the cycle will become irregular over time. And for many women, menstruation delay is an extra headache, especially if pregnancy is not planned yet.
- Drinking alcohol leads to increased craving for smoking. Cigarettes negatively affect many systems of the body, first of all, by narrowing blood vessels and increasing many unpleasant symptoms.
- Narcologists have a negative attitude to the question of whether it is possible to drink alcohol during menstruation, because they believe that the traces of drinks drunk will remain in the body much longer than usual. And these traces will poison the organs and cause a negative effect until the next menstruation.
Separately, it is worth mentioning the use of alcohol during the premenstrual syndrome in that period of life when you are trying to conceive a child.
Even if you do not know whether the pregnancy has come or not, you cannot drink alcoholic beverages, especially if there is a delay in menstruation.
In general, in the case of a probable pregnancy, if you do not plan to have an abortion, you should not drink alcohol. With desirable and planned pregnancy, gynecologists say that you can not drink alcohol about six months before conception, otherwise it will lead to various diseases in the baby.
How to reduce the effect of alcohol?
If you still decide that you cannot do without alcohol during your period, you can minimize the effect that alcohol will have on the body. This can be done in different ways, they all cause approximately the same effect.
- Take special medicines - adsorbents. The most famous of these is Activated Carbon, the more modern is Polysorb.
- Together with alcoholic beverages, you can eat foods such as prunes and beets.
- Drink more water or green tea throughout the day. But this does not always help, since it can also cause fluid retention in the body if the kidneys do not work well and do not cope with such volumes.
- Eat foods that are low in sugar, salt and fat.
- Reduce consumption of butter products, rice and pasta.
Not all women can stop drinking alcohol during their menstrual flow. And most often this leads to various violations of the cycle. Someone has a delay in menstruation, in others - discharge becomes much more abundant. At the same time, women who try to adhere to a healthy and measured rhythm of life during this period note that menstruation is transferred much more easily and does not cause major problems.
General information about menstruation
Menstruation is a natural physiological process that occurs in a woman’s body every month. It begins at 11 - 15 years and ends with menopause at 45 - 55 years. Normally, the menstrual cycle should meet the following characteristics:
- be from 20 to 35 days (it is about the cycle, and not about the monthly, that is, the period from the first day of the beginning of the month to the first day of the next menstruation),
- the cycle should be constant (the error is allowed in one direction or another in 1 - 3 days),
- menstruation itself should have a duration of 2 to 7 days,
- discharge during menstruation is scarlet-colored blood, small blood clots may be present in small quantities,
- blood loss in the period of one menstruation should be from 50 to 150 ml,
- menstruation should not be accompanied by discomfort for women in the form of pain, etc.
However, too many factors affect the course of menstruation: poor ecology, lifestyle, general health, stress, physical exertion, abrupt climate change, unfavorable psychological atmosphere and other negative factors can lead to the fact that menstruation begins to proceed with deviations from the norm. For any of the abnormalities, it is necessary for the gynecologist to appear in order to avoid future health problems. Pathology is:
- a menstrual cycle that lasts less than 20 or more than 35 days,
- the cycle is irregular, accompanied by frequent delays, or, conversely, menstruation occurs significantly ahead of time,
- menstruation lasts less than 2 days or more than a week, while the bleeding either has the same intensity throughout the entire period (that is, does not decrease), or “smear” is observed,
- the amount of discharge during menstruation is less than 50 or more than 150 ml,
- secretions are blood clots,
- menstruation is accompanied by severe pain, loss of strength, weakness, dizziness, etc.,
- menstruation is very scarce or, on the contrary, very abundant, or does not occur at all (in the absence of pregnancy and menopause).
The vast majority of modern women can not boast easily and imperceptibly flowing menstruation. To cope with unpleasant or painful symptoms, each woman uses her own recipes. One of the most common is the use of alcoholic beverages before and during menstruation. But can this be done?
Critical days: rate and deviations
In the ideal case, the critical days for girls and women should be completely painless and without any unpleasant sensations. In reality, seeing a girl rejoicing in her menstruation is only possible in advertising, while most have to suffer from severe pain or at least suffer from discomfort and discomfort. They cope with such conditions all differently: someone tries to endure, someone drinks pills, someone lies in bed, and someone pours a glass of wine.
In a healthy woman, the menstrual cycle meets the following criteria:
- Menstruation begins at the age of 11 to 15 years and lasts until about 45-55 years.
- The whole process should not cause strong unpleasant sensations and especially severe pain.
- The important point is the consistency of the cycle, the permissible error is no more than 2-3 days.
- For one menstruation, 50-150 ml of scarlet blood is secreted, sometimes with a small amount of blood clots.
However, in reality, most girls have any deviations from the norm, and sometimes deviations can be dangerous.
The main causes of cycle violations:
- General condition of the body and health,
- Postponed diseases, lifestyle,
- Ecology, bad habits, alcohol and smoking,
- Strong physical and emotional stress, stress,
- Abrupt climate change
- The presence of diseases or changes in the hormonal background.
Вне зависимости от того, какими причинами могут быть вызваны конкретные сбои, патологическими считаются следующие отклонения от нормы:
- Длительность менструального цикла менее минимального (20 дней) или более максимального (35 дней) для нормы.
- Permanent failures and irregularities of the cycle - monthly ones randomly arrive either much earlier than planned, then significantly later.
- If the total volume of discharge does not fit into the normal range (less than 50 milliliters or more than 150 ml).
- In the event that the duration of menstruation is out of the norm: less than 2 or more than 7 days. At the same time, the amount of discharge throughout the entire period may be the same and not decrease.
- A large number of blood clots in the discharge, or a non-standard color - for example, blood during menstruation takes on a brown tint.
- There are strong symptoms, especially if they have not previously been observed: severe pain, general weakness and malaise, nausea and dizziness.
How to properly and how to behave during the bleeding period and during menstruation
If nothing is possible, then what is possible? Go to the gynecologist, if you are not sure of the lifestyle that you lead during the menstrual cycle. There is nothing shameful or uncomfortable about such matters. All girls are prescribed physiology monthly bleeding. Do not hesitate and ask!
- try not to burden the body with great activity, do not go to the fitness center, to the gym,
- trips to the bath and sauna during menstruation are contraindicated. Bleeding and infectious diseases, spasms and pains in the vagina, ovaries, lower abdomen, unpleasant aching headache,
- Give up sex at the time of menstruation. Fungi and germs during menstruation can easily settle in your body,
- Write down the menu for the period of critical days: eat fruits, vegetables, light broths, steamed dishes, fish and seafood. Well during this period, pamper yourself with vitamin grapefruit. Add greens, especially celery in food. Ban yourself alcohol, nicotine and fatty foods,
It is better not to go to beauty salons. The recommendations of gynecologists and cosmetologists in this period exclude any procedure. A woman does not control hormones in her body during this period. And their relationship with perm, hair dyeing and other ways to bring themselves to the ideal has not yet been fully studied. In some cases, allergies.
Not only possible, but necessary during menstruation:
- means of intimate hygiene (pads, tampons) in order to avoid germs and infection, change, as much as possible, more often. Individual means is used no more than 5 hours
- Avoid narrow uncomfortable clothes. Wear comfortable spacious things,
- eat only light, low-fat foods, drink water or juices, kefir,
- go for walks, but do not run. Walk at a leisurely pace, slowly,
- visit the bathroom more often. Clean and soothing properties of the water will benefit
- limit stressful situations. Read funny stories, watch comedies or chat with a cheerful girlfriend,
- Treat yourself sweet.
They are not so critical these days! They can and should be held for the benefit of their health and full of positive emotions.
Physiology of the female body
Nature has endowed women with “critical days” for a reason — this is due to reproductive function. Spotting is necessary in order to clear the uterus from already dead eggs and sperm that have accumulated there (if they got there), as well as unsuccessful embryos that failed to attach to the epithelium.
Menstruation is over, and the body begins to prepare for a new cycle to ensure normal conditions for fertilization. Conception is planned or not, nature is not interested - the body should be ready for it every month.
Ideally, such cycling for women is a routine for which she prepares each time. Menstruation should be painless, not abundant and give the woman light inconvenience within 3-4 days. In reality, everything is more complicated - many people begin to experience pain even before the menstrual cycle begins. Spasms affect not only the stomach - the headache also hurts (and some even have pressure).
In such a situation, some women try to rest in critical days, while others (if they are not very bloody) continue to lead an active lifestyle. In this rhythm, trips to visit or a restaurant, or friendly gatherings with girlfriends over a glass of wine can occur. But is it possible to take alcohol during menstruation, or is it fraught with consequences?
Alcohol intake during menstruation
Many girls resort to alcohol to reduce some of the discomfort that accompany the period of critical days:
- Premenstrual syndrome. During this period, physical discomfort is felt in the form of headaches, swelling of the chest, pulling sensations in the lower abdomen, lethargy, etc., as well as psychological discomfort characterized by hot temper, touchiness, vulnerability, and hypersensitivity.
- Immediately the period of menstruation. This period is characterized by the fact that some women also add very severe pains in the abdominal area, lower back to the above symptoms. Pain may have a different nature. They can be pulling, sharp, aching, in the form of spasms, there can be a feeling that it is twisting the bones, etc.
The desire of a woman to alleviate such an uncomfortable state is quite understandable. But is it possible to drink alcohol during menstruation, and is alcohol really a panacea for unpleasant symptoms? Doctors give an ambiguous answer to this question. So, there are two views on this problem:
- During the month you can drink alcohol, but only in very limited quantities. For example, one glass of wine will be quite enough. At the same time, what kind of drink you drink is of great importance. For example, vodka, brandy and other spirits really should not be consumed during critical days. But dry red wine is very suitable for this purpose. It can really reduce pain and relax.
- According to the second approach, alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited. Why not drink alcohol during menstruation? Everything is very simple. The fact is that alcohol can increase bleeding. This is especially dangerous for those women who already have heavy menstruation. And at first it may seem that after alcohol, on the contrary, the menstruation seems to have stopped, but this is not so: in time they resume with a vengeance.
Each girl decides for herself whether it is possible to drink alcohol during menstruation. However, it is important to remember what the consequences may be. Meanwhile, at the end of the month you can really drink red wine, which in this case will only bring benefit. An insignificant amount is lost during menstruation, but for some girls, a quite noticeable amount of blood (for example, for girls with anemia, menstruation can cause severe weakness precisely because of the diagnosis), and red wine perfectly compensates for this blood loss. But here it is important to comply with the measure.
Why drink alcohol during menstruation?
In most cases, with the help of alcoholic beverages, girls try to get rid of unpleasant sensations during critical days. This problem is relevant for a huge number of girls and women, especially if it is possible to be at home all the time during menstruation.
Drinking alcohol should not be, because it can only temporarily help in alleviating the following symptoms:
- Physical pain, discomfort in the lower abdomen.
- Drowsiness, weakness, headaches, malaise.
- Increased emotional sensitivity and vulnerability, sensitivity and irascibility.
In other, with the positive effects of alcohol can be argued, and individual effects can lead to quite the opposite effect. In addition to all the risks, a positive effect with alcohol cannot be achieved with menstruation: the euphoria from alcohol intoxication will take place within an hour or two, while the state of hangover will last long enough.
Hangovers and menstruation together are a very unpleasant combination with intensified symptoms (headache, nausea, dizziness, weakness, and others). In addition, due to the effects of alcohol, all will have to endure without the help of painkillers.
In addition, it is unpleasant for many women to pass not only the period before menstruation, but also themselves. The remaining symptoms are added pain in the lumbar region and lower back, sometimes very strong. The unpleasant thing is that pain can be of absolutely any character and change its intensity (be acute, aching, pulling, or whatever).
Harm from alcohol during menstruation
Alcohol abuse causes enormous damage to a woman’s health: the nervous and reproductive systems, vital organs, etc. suffer. In addition, doctors note that alcohol adversely affects a woman’s body if it is consumed directly during critical days.
What are the possible consequences of drinking alcohol during menstruation?
- Alcohol is able to increase pain, make them more pronounced. This is especially true of lower abdominal pain.
- Alcohol prevents the natural release of fluid from the body, that is, the fluid for a longer period is retained in it. This also adversely affects the general well-being of the girl, and the course of menstruation.
- During menstruation, a woman's hormones change, as a result of which her psycho-emotional state is extremely unstable. Alcohol does not contribute to increasing the stability of this state; on the contrary, it provokes an even greater imbalance and adversely affects the nervous system. Thus, the psycho-emotional state can only worsen.
- Alcohol also affects the menstrual cycle. It is understood that if you drink alcohol during critical days or on the eve of their occurrence, the cycle may become irregular. For a woman, especially an active sex life, this will definitely result in an extra “headache.”
To feel during the month did not cause discomfort, you must adhere to some rules. They are very simple, but at the same time effective in those cases when the state of health leaves much to be desired.
How to behave during menstruation
Simple recommendations of gynecologists will help every woman to easily and imperceptibly endure critical days, get rid of unpleasant symptoms:
- You need to drink as much fluid as possible. Excellent options are juices, green tea, pure water.
- You should not eat fatty, spicy, spicy food, sweet, and you also need to limit the consumption of chocolate and coffee.
- It is not necessary to lie during menstruation, but at the same time, excessive physical exertion should be avoided. Light exercise in the morning is an excellent option, but running, swimming, cycling, shaping and other active training should be abandoned.
- It is necessary to regularly empty the bladder and intestines to prevent excessive pressure on the uterus.
- It is necessary to take care of positive emotions: for example, to watch a favorite movie or take a walk in nature, in the park. A leisurely walk, a calm atmosphere - this is exactly what will help to cope with the tearfulness, touchiness and other mood swings.
- If you suffer severe pain, do not need to self-medicate. This is a good reason to turn to a gynecologist, because in normal menstruation should not cause discomfort to a woman, especially such strong painful sensations. If the pain is unbearable, you can drink painkillers, but as soon as the menstrual period passes, you should definitely consult a doctor. Medicines prescribed for themselves, not a panacea in this case.
If you plan any feast, then you can afford to drink no more than one glass of dry red wine. But only those girls with monthly periods accompanied by scanty or medium discharge can afford it. Girls with heavy bleeding should abstain from alcohol altogether.
The effect of alcohol on menstruation
Alcohol consumption has a very different effect on the course of menstruation in girls. Much depends on how menstruation usually proceeds (abundantly or not, whether it comes in time or fluctuates, etc.), on the girl’s general health, finally, on how alcohol affects her, what kind of drink she drinks, how many, etc.
And although some gynecologists argue that alcohol has virtually no effect on the course of menstruation, in addition to increasing the intensity of secretions in some women, many girls, based on personal observations, tend to associate the following body reactions with alcohol:
- alcohol provokes a delay in menstruation for 1 - 3 days, if you drink it before the start of menstruation,
- alcohol, on the contrary, slows down the flow of menstruation, that is, the discharge becomes much less
- alcohol increases the duration of menstruation by 1 - 2 days, which draws the attention of most girls.
As you can see, everyone has different reactions. However, one of the most common complaints is that alcohol provokes increased bleeding. This reaction is most common. Especially prone to her girls, whose monthly accompanied by heavy bleeding. This is explained by the fact that alcohol expands blood vessels. as a result, blood flow increases, including to the pelvic organs, to the uterus. The result is more profuse bleeding. At the same time, the blood pressure rises, which worsens the girl's general well-being (especially if her usual pressure is low or, on the contrary, high). For this reason, girls who are characterized by severe bleeding, absolutely can not drink alcohol during the period of critical days.
What if alcohol was consumed during menstruation?
Life dictates its own rules, and it is possible that for a period of critical days a girl may plan some kind of celebration, corporate party, meeting, date, etc. Of course, if a girl refuses alcohol, it will not be perceived as something strange, compared with the refusal of the man. And it will be the right choice for her.
But if a girl nevertheless decided not to deny herself the pleasures of life and have fun from the heart, it is important to adhere to certain rules so that alcohol does not have a negative impact on the body, which already experiences some stress during menstruation.
- Give preference to red wine. If this drink is not on the table, you can drink champagne or light wine. Very strong drinks should not be drunk categorically. These include vodka, brandy, rum, gin, whiskey, etc.
- Drink in very moderate quantities. During the evening, you can drink 1 glass of wine or champagne, so it is best to drink it slowly, stretching to last for the whole evening.
- No matter how great the desire to dance, but from the fast dance should be abandoned, preferring slow. The fact is that active movements will increase blood flow to the small pelvis, which can further enhance blood circulation and increase blood loss.
- It is necessary to give up smoking, because in combination with alcohol, it is a dangerous “cocktail” for vessels: alcohol expands blood vessels, and nicotine narrows. This may also adversely affect the course of menstruation.
- If possible, give preference to light dishes that are quickly digested: lean meat, fish, salads, stewed vegetables.
These simple rules will help reduce the negative impact of alcohol on the course and nature of menstruation, as well as to prevent possible serious consequences. But the most important of these rules is moderate drinking, otherwise the whole body will be damaged.
ATTENTION! The information published in the article is for informational purposes only and is not an instruction manual. Be sure to consult with your doctor!
In general, is it possible for girls to drink light alcoholic drinks and strong alcohol during their periods?
Traditional critical days, the natural menstrual cycle, regular important visits to the gynecologist are familiar concepts for all girls. It does not need to be shy or afraid.
Any menstruation or menstruation begins with premenstrual syndrome. This moment any woman does not like:
- some wake up spooky restless appetite,
- girls are characterized by copious sweat,
- a woman may suffer from a recurrent headache,
- there are mild pains in the lower abdomen,
- there is nervousness, a desire to cry and weakness.
Experienced recommendations of gynecologists at this time are one: calm down and rest more. Do not drink. Drink alcohol and relax - different concepts! Do not mix them in any way. And, of course, no sensible gynecologist would ever think of offering alcohol during the period. The reaction to it is different for each woman during critical days. It all depends on the health and body.
Is it dangerous to use alcohol before menstruation, during menstruation
Already drinking alcohol can adversely affect women's health. During the period of critical days alcohol is especially unacceptable:
- strong drinks, like vodka, brandy expand vessels. При месячных это может привести к обильным кровотечениям и немедленной госпитализации. А как же пьяного человека забирать в больницу? Сначала путем капельниц и уколов выводится спирт из организма, а потом уже начинается работа медиков по прекращению кровотечения,
- the state of fascinating euphoria after alcohol causes a great desire for activity in a person, and during menstruation it is necessary to relax more and reduce physical activity,
- broken and full work of the kidneys. Some women notice that during critical days, urination increases. From alcohol, too, in the toilet want no less. And if you simultaneously load the kidneys from two sides, they will definitely not work correctly afterwards,
- Spirits cause a desire to consume nicotine and not in the usual doses, but even more. Alcohol expands blood vessels, nicotine - narrows. And what will happen to the cardiovascular system next? Heart disease, changing pressure, problems with blood vessels, blood clots and heart attacks,
- take your nerves! The effect on the nervous system during critical days is very strong, and alcohol has its own ways to make you nervous. So it turns out again a double blow to the body.
The result of drinking alcohol at the time of mentration
For girls, it seems that drinking alcohol will cope with painful symptoms during and before menstruation. A woman does not want to use painkillers, attributing to them a negative effect on the body. And when they can not do without them, the pain intensifies, alcohol eliminates their influence. The woman starts to get nervous and drink alcohol again. It turns a vicious circle of alcohol consumption. Drinking is strictly prohibited during menstruation. All known recommendations of gynecologists prohibit it.
The result of drinking is very tricky:
- increased unpleasant abdominal pain, spasms unnatural for menstruation,
- long delayed start of the cycle,
- instability of the duration of menstruation in different months,
- the most dangerous is profuse, terrible bleeding that can lead to hospitalization and consequences.
Try not to drink at all during menstruation. You can tolerate a week, if you, of course, do not suffer from drunkenness and hard drinking and do not belong to the category of people with alcoholism.
Why do you need to give up alcohol during menstruation?
Girls should remember once and for all the answer to the question of whether it is possible to drink during menstruation. Of course, you can not drink alcohol, and even in small quantities it is highly undesirable. Otherwise, you will have to face a lot of negative consequences, which could be easily avoided by making the right decision.
The effect of alcohol on the female body is as follows:
- If you drink spirits during menstruation, then there is a risk of heavy bleeding and hospitalization. This is due to the fact that, for example, that vodka or brandy dilates blood vessels. Therefore, severe bleeding may occur. To normalize the condition, doctors will first need to remove ethanol from the body. Then it will be necessary to take measures to stop the bleeding.
- Because of the state of euphoria, which leads to alcohol, a person wants to be active. And in the first days of menstruation it is not recommended to move too much. Violating this rule can again increase bleeding. Unpleasant symptoms, such as abdominal pain, weakness, dizziness, etc., may also be exacerbated.
- In people who smoke, alcohol increases the desire to consume nicotine. Moreover, the doses become greater than usual. As you know, ethanol dilates blood vessels, and nicotine narrows them. As a result, there are diseases of the heart, blood vessels, heart attacks and strokes.
- Work of kidneys worsens. During menstruation, the load on this organ rises. Alcohol additionally loads the kidneys. Because of this, the full function of the body is disrupted.
- It is worth thinking about the nervous system. Many women note that during critical days their mental state is unstable. There are sharp mood swings, and the body is in nervous tension. Actually, alcohol also undermines the mental state, so do not aggravate the situation by using it.
Now it should be approximately clear how alcohol affects your period. Nothing good comes out of the fact that a woman will drink during menstruation. If you want to reduce pain with ethanol, this is not the best solution. It would be better to drink painkillers, take herbal preparations, or use other, safer measures. Moreover, alcohol on the contrary is able to increase pain and discomfort as soon as the state of intoxication disappears.
In addition, women should remember that alcohol can also affect the discharge itself. They become abnormal, too thick, abundant or, on the contrary, rare.
In the worst case, menstruation may disappear altogether due to regular drinking.
And then it will be extremely difficult to restore reproductive function and, consequently, become pregnant. If a woman can not give up alcohol because of the existing addiction, then you should start fighting a bad habit. This will help the tools from the Internet, which allow you to get rid of craving for a fever. You may have to turn to a psychologist to withstand the struggle with a bad habit.
In any case, it should be remembered that if they offer a fire-giving during menstruation, then they should definitely refuse. Even a small dose of alcohol will negatively affect the process of menstruation and in general the health of the girl.
Rules for girls: what to do and how to behave if alcohol was consumed during menstruation
It is clear that we all violate any rules and even those that can cause irreparable damage to our health. It is impossible to refuse, especially young attractive, full of strength and energy of girls from the use of alcohol and strong alcohol. I would like to feel a slight euphoria, to gain confidence, especially as a modest woman, to have a good time and not to become in company with the touchy and the “black sheep”! Such erroneous opinions are frequent among young people. But the notorious premenstrual syndrome and the subsequent bleeding by menstruation do not participate in your plans. Regularity to experience them every month is inevitable.
What to do during menstruation on holidays:
- reduce the use of alcoholic beverages to 1 glass. It is better to drink wine. It is the most gentle for the body and menstruation,
- prohibited homemade, infused with herbs or fees, alcoholic beverages. Some of them may worsen the flow of menstruation or increase blood flow,
- before an important event, give up the hot pleasant bath, use the shower and warm water. The influence of any fungus, infection during the menstrual cycle will easily fall into your vagina and uterus,
- Do not be zealous with dancing and active contests. Monthly love peace
- try to smoke less. With alcohol it will be difficult, but still try,
- if you already had time to drink, then with a snack you prefer salads, low-fat, steamed or grilled dishes, you can eat fish, favorite seafood, fruits will not be superfluous either,
- Limit bright emotions and save the nervous system, which already suffers during menstruation.
These are important rules that must be fulfilled during the period before and during the menstrual cycle. Take care of your nerves. There is an opportunity to refuse the invitation, better stay at home. The first days of menstruation are better and it is recommended to exclude activity and exercise. Arrange a day of idleness. Call friends and buy a better cake. Sweet, too, brings pleasure no worse than alcohol.
Alcohol during menstruation
Doctors are still arguing about the effect of alcohol on the flow of menstruation. Some experts do not find the relationship between menstruation and alcohol. Other researchers argue that you can not drink, because disrupted the normal functioning of all systems. At the same time, they confirm their theory with the following features:
- Alcohol processing is not provided by female physiology.
- Ethanol affects the functioning of all internal organs.
- Female alcoholism develops in a short time.
The greatest threat is ethyl alcohol, which overloads the liver and heart. Affects the work of the excretory system and hormones.
With regular removal of pain by alcohol there is a risk of addiction. A cycle that becomes irregular or terminates is violated. Soreness increases, new symptoms are added. Changes begin on the part of the appearance - the skin condition worsens, puffiness appears. The result depends on the type of alcohol, its dosage and individual characteristics.
What can you drink during menstruation?
In such a situation, it seems absolutely normal that women try to get rid of the monthly nightmare at least a little by muffling it with the help of wine or other drinks.
But if dry red wine in small quantities can be beneficial during menstruation, then other alcoholic beverages are not. Again, the abuse of red wine also negates all the positive qualities, leaving only the harm from intoxication and the effects of alcohol.
One glass of red wine will help to relax and relieve a little pain, without harming the body. The benefits of a small amount of wine for the body has been proven by scientists around the world.
Important: When changing a drink or increasing the dosage, only a negative effect will remain. The greatest risk from alcohol during menstruation is heavy bleeding, during which you can lose a lot of blood or even lose consciousness.
Strong alcohol is prohibited not only during menstruation, but at any other time. In a short time, it causes serious changes in the reproductive system, which leads to early climax and infertility.
If you use strong alcohol during your period, you may face the following consequences:
- Increased bleeding.
- Increased pain intensity.
- Increase the duration of the cycle.
When drinking alcohol before menstruation, it is possible to delay it. When taking whiskey or brandy in the first critical days, you can extend the dubious pleasure or increase discomfort. Alcohol dilates blood vessels, leading to bleeding between cycles.
Because of the antioxidants contained and a small amount of alcohol, red wine can be helpful in moderate amounts. It allows you to relieve tension, reduce pain and discomfort. Only 150–200 ml is enough to achieve a miraculous effect, but when the dosage is exceeded, the opposite result appears:
- The pain increases.
- Vibration begins hormonal background.
- The risk of poisoning increases.
If a woman can not wait to drink alcohol, it should be done after the end of menstruation. A small portion of the wine will allow you to recover faster, but it is better to find a useful alternative.
Red and white wines during menstruation
Once at the holiday table, a woman during menstruation can afford to consume a small amount of alcohol. But here's what you can drink, and what better to give up - this nuance should not be ignored.
- When the pressure rises, it is recommended to "take on the chest" a little brandy. He, indeed, quickly expands blood vessels and relieves headaches. But at the same time, menstrual bleeding will increase. It should be borne in mind that the short-term vasodilating effect - as soon as cognac disappears from the body, the vessels narrow very quickly, which can lead to rupture of the capillaries.
- Vodka, brandy, whiskey and other similar beverages with a high alcohol content are not only a blow to the kidneys, but also to the heart. This alcohol clogs the blood vessels, making the blood "poor quality". Since he was taken at the beginning of the monthly cycle, the remnants of alcohol will circulate throughout the body until the next menstruation, bringing negative to all organs.
- Beer at any stage does not have the best effect on metabolism - hence the excessive fullness of the lovers of this drink, acne on the face. Menstruation = is also a failure, and when 2 factors overlap, the effect is enhanced. In addition, during menstruation, a woman may have signs of intestinal upset, which is exacerbated by beer fermentation.
Wines are an easier option, but here there are some nuances. It should be a quality drink, not a cheap “waggle”. In this case, preference should be given to red varieties - they are attributed to medicinal properties.
Only two glasses of beer can cause inconvenience if you drink them before menstruation. Fermentation products provoke an increased accumulation of gases in the intestinal region, which creates additional pressure on the uterus. Pain increases and bleeding becomes more intense. Similarly, the body is affected by the non-alcoholic variation, which causes the accumulation of fluid.
Due to the contained sugar and other additives, beer causes thickening of the blood and swelling. It creates an additional burden on the kidneys, which are forced to remove decay products for several days. A rash appears on the skin that causes psychological discomfort. Active development of male hormones leads to weight gain and metabolic disorders.
Reception of alcohol and menstruation.
If a girl drank alcohol before menstruation, could there be a delay?
Acceptance of alcohol immediately before the onset of the alleged menstruation, can not provoke a delay in menstruation, unless of course we are talking about a woman who abuses alcoholic beverages, since such women very often have serious menstrual irregularities.
In order to understand why the intake of alcohol could not provoke a delay in menstruation, it is necessary to understand what constitutes the menstrual cycle in a woman. The beginning of the menstrual cycle in women is considered the first day of menstruation. The first phase of menstruation, the phase during which the follicle with the egg is matured, usually lasts from ten to sixteen days, and then the woman begins to ovulate, that is, the egg is released from the ovary, ready for conception.
The life of an egg does not exceed an average of one day, after which the second phase of the menstrual cycle begins, the luteal, the so-called yellow body phase, with an average duration of between twelve and sixteen days. The phase of the corpus luteum does not depend on changes in the woman’s body, does not depend on the total duration of the menstrual cycle and is relatively stable. If the pregnancy has not come, then the corpus luteum dies, and the woman begins the next menstruation, that is, her menstrual cycle is over.
In this regard, alcohol intake at the end of the yellow body phase could not have any effect on its duration. Moreover, alcohol intake during menstruation is contraindicated, since alcoholic beverages cause a rush of blood to the abdominal organs, therefore, they can increase blood secretion during menstruation, and, consequently, alcohol intake, on the contrary, can provoke the onset of menstruation.
As I understand it, the girl is interested in the cause of the delay in menstruation, which is observed in her. If the menstruation delay is insignificant, up to five days, then this may be a common situation associated with the natural fluctuation of the menstrual cycle. In this case, you should not worry, however, if the delay in menstruation takes a longer time, then this is a cause for concern. If pregnancy is possible, then it is worth making a pregnancy test.
If the test is done correctly, and it shows a negative result, then it will be necessary to consult a doctor, as the doctor will be able to say what caused the menstruation delay. For example, delayed menstruation can be observed in various diseases of the pelvic organs and the neuroendocrine system and other diseases that affect the entire body. Often, menstruation delays are not associated with diseases, but are caused by the effects on the body of stress, changes in life situations, the effects of diets, and so on.
Despite the fact that in some cases, menstruation delay is not associated with any disease, with menstruation delay it is better to contact a gynecologist in order not to miss the onset of any disease.
A number of recommendations
After finding out how alcohol affects menstruation, and which drinks should be discarded, the woman will be more circumspect on critical days. Once at the holiday table, it is advisable to follow the recommendations below.
- Of all types of alcoholic beverages, the choice should be stopped on a good red dessert wine - it has the lowest percentage of negative impact on the female body.
- Limit should be a small amount of alcohol - 1-2 glasses of wine for the whole day will be enough.
- You can not mix alcoholic beverages, and it is also desirable to abandon cocktails (especially the so-called ruffs) - each component in its own way affects the body, which can introduce it into a stressful situation.
- You need to be more careful in choosing snacks - during menstruation, it is advisable to spare your digestive system, which is already undergoing failure due to critical days. Овощные салаты, рыбные блюда, легкая мясная нарезка, сыры – лучший вариант.
- Никотин – еще один вредоносный элемент, который способен осложнить течение критических дней. В сочетании с этиловым спиртом сигареты становятся опасной смесью, способной спровоцировать болезненные спазмы матки.
- When consuming alcohol during menstruation, you should eliminate coffee - too much stress will go to the brain vessels and the heart.
- To absorb the effects of alcohol on the body will help green tea. It also has a positive effect on the psycho-emotional state, relieves spasmodic symptoms and will help slow blood flow slightly.
Assessing the degree of negativity on your body, you should refuse to take alcohol during menstruation, so as not to harm your condition. But after they stop, a little red wine will be a good medicine for blood recovery. It is recommended to drink 2 tbsp before breakfast for 3-4 days after the critical days. l red wine with lemon juice (a few drops) or add honey with walnuts to the drink.
Alcohol Use Rules
The activity of the female body does not depend on the holiday dates in the calendar, it has no days off, so it often happens that the period of menstruation is at the time of the festivities with feasts and, of course, drinking. The best option would be a complete rejection of the use of beer and strong alcohol, but sometimes a woman just wants to pamper herself a little. In such cases, the following rules for drinking alcohol during critical days should be taken into account:
- According to experts, red wine has a beneficial effect on the recovery of the body after blood loss, but this does not mean that you need to drink a whole bottle of wine. To activate the recovery function, it is enough to consume a glass of red wine, preferably dry or semi-dry, for the whole evening. Wine is useful only in small quantities, you can drink no more than 0.15-0.2 liters per evening,
- the use of whiskey, cognac, rum, vodka should be strictly limited, as strong alcoholic beverages adversely affect the female body. Also, you can not drink cocktails based on them,
- you should not drink champagne during this period, because it can cause intestinal distention, which is highly undesirable during menstruation, because enlarged colon loops can put pressure on the uterus and thereby increase bleeding,
- drinking beer during critical days is also not worth it, although it is not a strong alcoholic drink, but it causes fermentation, and excessive consumption of beer with an inopportune emptying of the bladder can cause pressure on the uterus and increased bleeding,
- during parties and holidays, you should be calm, dance slow dances, not take part in competitions related to excessive physical activity,
- no way to smoke. The combination of alcohol and tobacco adversely affects the walls of blood vessels, which leads to increased bleeding. Cigarettes can provoke spasms of blood vessels in the brain and, as a result, to problems with the central nervous system,
- when drinking alcohol during critical days, a woman needs to drink an additional large amount of water and juices in order to increase the work of the excretory system and increase the volume of liquid blood. Such measures help to reduce the impact of alcohol on the female body,
- on drinking with the use of alcohol, you need to eat lean fish, meat with steamed vegetables or vegetable salads, that is, the food should be light and quickly digestible.
Rules of conduct during critical days
To reduce the manifestations of the unpleasant symptoms of premenstrual syndrome and menstruation itself, you need to practice some tips from gynecologists. Their recommendations are very simple and with careful observance they really help to cope with the discomfort associated with the onset of menstruation. Experts give the following tips:
- during menstruation, it is desirable to follow a diet. A woman should not eat fatty and spicy food, fried foods and pastries are not recommended. You also need to exclude from the diet those foods that can cause fermentation, bloating and increased gas formation, as well as cause constipation or diarrhea,
- to compensate for blood loss during menstruation, it is imperative to adhere to the drinking regime. It is best to use juices, pure water or green tea. Some women have a question, is it possible to restore the water balance with beer, the answer is definitely “no”, because beer belongs to low-alcohol beverages that do not benefit even healthy people, not to mention the weakened body of a woman during critical days. Drinking beer can only increase blood loss and cause problems with the stool,
- it is impossible to prevent stagnation of feces and urine, because during menstruation any problems with excretion of waste products may cause an impact on the uterus and, as a result, cause an increase in bleeding,
- You should not overly expose the female body to excessive physical exertion, to keep the body in shape you can walk on foot and do your favorite household chores.
Some women think that alcohol can relieve menstrual pain and other manifestations of critical days, but this is a misconception that can, on the contrary, harm health. With a pronounced pain syndrome during menstruation, it is necessary to seek help from a doctor, because in 15-20% of cases this may be a sign of a woman having sexual problems that require special treatment.
In this delicate time, a woman should not even use drugs with an alcohol content, and not something that alcoholic beverages. To restore blood loss, you can drink a glass of red wine, but not earlier than 2-3 days after their termination. If a woman has any controversial questions regarding diet, drinking and other aspects of life during the onset of menstruation, the advice is better to ask a specialist in female consultation.
Psychological and hormonal state
Monthly cause instability of hormonal levels. Before their onset, the level of hormones reaches a critical point, and then sharply decreases. Because of this, emotionality, tearfulness and touchiness increase. Alcohol enhances this effect, which can provoke:
Women under the influence of alcohol easily enter into conflicts, get into traffic accidents or are injured. They do not realize the true danger, so they often transgress the limits of what is permitted.
Strong alcohol, consumed for several days, causes insomnia, shallow sleep and nightmares. A person does not have time to recover physically, which leads to irritability and fatigue. The thyroid gland suffers, which does not cope with the increased loads. It can not normally produce hormones, which leads to problems with reproductive function.
The female reproductive system is highly sensitive to alcohol, so even a small portion of ethanol can adversely affect it. Chromosomal mutations occur in children born to women with alcoholism, as well as in subsequent generations. The risk of miscarriages and the birth of babies with physical or psychological defects increases.
During menstruation, the ovaries react violently to any exposure, and alcohol leads to tissue degeneration into fat. The remaining areas gradually die off. The mechanism of maturation of the eggs is violated, so menopause comes earlier. The patency of the fallopian tubes is reduced, which leads to infertility.
Changes in the reproductive system
Frequent intake of large amounts of alcohol causes changes in the reproductive system. There is an increased production of hormones characteristic of the male body. Disrupted the activity of vital metabolism, metabolism. As a result, overweight appears. Due to the compounds formed during the splitting of alcohol, cycle failures, difficulties with conception are possible. Infertility often develops.
Menopause comes too early. Pregnancy in girls who abuse alcohol is sometimes interrupted for a short time. A woman may not yet know what happened conception, and misses miscarriage for the next bleeding. In addition, the general condition of the weaker sex is significantly deteriorating. Not only health suffers from harmful addiction, but also appearance. Therefore, answering the question of whether it is possible to drink alcohol during menstruation, the main thing is to take into account the amount of the product. In all it is necessary to know the measure.
Many women resort to the "saving" power of alcohol to stop or reduce discomfort. The discomfort itself may begin several days before the onset of the next cycle.
Premenstrual syndrome. Three to four days before the arrival of the menstruation itself, many women experience various ailments. They are expressed in:
- mood swings
- psychological discomfort,
- weakness and general malaise,
- pulling spasms at the bottom of the peritoneum,
- breast tenderness, its swelling.
The period of menstruation itself. This time sometimes passes on the background of simply unbearable pain. To all the symptoms already mentioned, a strong pain is added. Pain impulses are a kind of spasm, shooting, often piercing sensations. They can be deployed in the lumbar region and lower abdomen.
Alcohol extremely negatively affects the reproductive system of a woman, leading to disruption of the monthly cycle and problems during pregnancy
Many women who complain about the pain of menstruation, say that sometimes it becomes impossible to endure such sensations. There is a feeling that they twist the whole body and break the bones. It becomes clear that the only desire that arises against the background of suffering is to relieve oneself and relax. But how does alcohol affect your period, what do doctors think about it?
Delay and alcohol
Despite the assurances of many girls who are confident in the neutral relationship of alcohol and menstruation, doctors are sure that nothing passes without a trace.
Acceptance of alcohol from time to time leads to the following consequences:
- Delay of menstruation from 2 to 4 days (when drinking alcohol before the onset of critical days),
- Reduction of secretions and, accordingly, an increase in their duration,
- The appearance of spasms and pulling back pain.
In other words, alcohol has a detrimental effect on the female body during menstruation. And the delay, which among other things can be a symptom of pregnancy, is not the rarest manifestation of ethanol use.
Exacerbation of chronic diseases
Against the background of reduced immunity with the advent of menstruation, diseases of the genitourinary system are often exacerbated. Women complain of malfunctioning of the kidneys and bladder, and the likelihood of cystitis increases. Alcohol in such periods becomes an additional burden, which causes an exacerbation of chronic diseases of the heart, blood vessels, digestive organs and other systems.
You can not drink in the presence of inflammatory and chronic diseases in the pelvic area. Alcohol can cause various complications that are difficult to eliminate. It should also be remembered that painful periods are often an indication of the presence of serious pathologies that require compulsory treatment:
- uterine fibroids,
- ovarian cyst
Alcohol leads to ignoring the symptoms of problems, which threatens not only the health, but also the life of a woman. If any discomfort appears, it is better to seek help from a specialist.
The impact of alcohol on the female body
Increases the level of activity. There is a cheerful mood, easy looseness and a desire to move a lot. During menstruation, high activity is undesirable, because it can increase bleeding.
The use of alcoholic beverages causes the desire to smoke, which is also undesirable, because nicotine contributes to the narrowing of blood vessels.
After alcohol intoxication, all the symptoms of PMS (spasms and pain in the lower abdomen, dizziness, headaches, nervousness and worsening of mood) are doubly aggravated.
In addition, alcohol leads to other problems of a negative nature:
- Complication of renal activity. When, during menstruation, the kidneys cannot cope with their function of filtering fluids, edema appears in women. Accordingly, this leads to the fact that harmful substances accumulate in the tissue fluid.
- There is a nervous tension. The irritation and the whining mood are aggravated, and the emotional state is shaken even more.
- There is a hormonal fluctuation, which is explained by the violation of the stable activity of the brain. This will adversely affect the female reproductive system. In certain cases, involuntary contraction of the uterus and swelling of the breast may occur.
- Rides pressure.
- The natural process of maturation of the female egg breaks down.
- Changes appear in the chromosomes.
- The patency in the fallopian tubes is reduced.
- May decrease sexual desire.
- Excessive use of alcohol can cause infertility.
- A potential mother increases the chance of miscarriage.
- Alcoholism provokes many female diseases. Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages leads to a tightening of the menstrual cycle, or vice versa - to its delay. Both of these cases will entail unpleasant consequences for women.
The reactions of each woman to alcohol may be different, but the most common is increased bleeding, due to the expansion of blood vessels and increased blood flow to the pelvic organs.
Drinking alcohol in general is not considered beneficial. However, there are circumstances when it is impossible to manage without alcohol. For example, holidays and meeting with friends.
Sometimes a person needs this product to relieve stress.
Can I drink during menstruation? The consequences of the harmful effects of ethanol will be avoided if you follow these rules:
- Give up vodka, whiskey, gin and other strong products. They can adversely affect the functioning of the heart, kidneys and blood vessels.
- Beer should be excluded, because at this time it can cause acne, severe swelling, intestinal upset.
- Prefer wine, preferably red. Best of all, if it is dessert. The drink should be of good quality, not cheap and dubious. Its amount should be limited to two wine glasses.
- Cocktails during menstruation are not recommended. Especially those that contain alcohol of varying degrees of strength.
- You can not smoke during a feast. Nicotine increases the negative effects of alcohol. This causes a sharp deterioration in well-being.
- Drinking coffee with alcohol can damage the heart and blood vessels.
- During menstruation there are malfunctions in digestion. Therefore, it is better to combine salads from vegetables, light meat or fish dishes, snacks from cheese with alcohol.
- Green tea is able to rid the body of harmful substances.
Is it possible to drink alcohol during menstruation? Doctor's advice indicates that reasonable doses of this substance are permissible. However, if a woman feels bad, it is better for her to refuse a feast on such days.
It was not yet possible to put an end to the question whether it is possible to drink alcohol during menstruation. Red wine is most commonly accepted. Disputes about whether alcohol can affect and cause a delay, almost no. Everyone agrees that there is a direct connection. But there is no data on whether red wine is capable of causing menstruation. There are only reports that during menstruation it increases the flow of discharge.
When women have critical days, drinking alcohol is not worth it even to reduce pain. The discomfort and feeling of spasms will return. Therefore, to reduce the pain of menstruation can be achieved only for a couple of tens of minutes.
Doctors believe that drinking beer on critical days is impossible. The reason lies in the fact that a small percentage of alcohol leads to a large volume of consumption of the drink. But beer in any quantity causes hormonal failure, delayed bowel movements, gas formation in the intestines. This drink helps to eliminate the liquid. Therefore, there may be dehydration, failure of water-salt balance.
To reduce the effect of alcohol, you need:
- take adsorbents, for example, activated carbon, as well as Polysorb,
- drink more pure water or green tea,
- eat a light meal with a minimum amount of fat, salt, sugar,
- reduce the consumption of bread, pasta, muffins, rice,
- eat beets and prunes.
Since it is not always the features of female physiology are the same for all the fair sex, the influence of alcohol can be manifested in each one in different ways. If there is discomfort, unusual sensations, you need to contact a specialist for inspection. But if you already know about the presence in the body of the pathology, before taking alcohol on critical days, you need to find out from your doctor what you can eat and when.